Where to buy earthworms online

KCKme

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kasey
Hello. After going by 3 stores today in search of live earthworms I decided it's time to start a worm farm for our Axies. There is a great thread on setting it up on this site, thanks! Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to buy online? There's a lot of places that come up with the google search - just want to make sure to purchase from someplace reputable.

This may not help you, since it is too warm in most places to "farm" these, but I have been quite happy with Canadian nightcrawlers from here https://www.canadiannightcrawlers.com/shop/

They need refrigeration, and 250 takes three 2 qt containers in the fridge.

Thank you L Suzuki. This is a big help. Knowing they need to be kept a bit cooler than it is here in TX, a mini-fridge was re-tasked for the purpose of keeping earthworms. 2qt containers are just the right size.

Thanks so much again.

Update. Well rats, this company doesn't ship to Texas. However the information was still helpful, just did some different google searches and actually found some on ebay that were very reasonably priced. Also bought some european nightcrawlers, have read several posts that Axie's like these too!

Last edited:
Faith - funny story about walmart. No, I did not check and feel like an idiot. Went through the store this weekend and sure enough - both the European nightcrawlers and the Canadian nightcrawlers were in mini fridge next to the fishing gear. Ah well lesson learned.

Otterwoman - Thanks much! Will save these links.

Always good to have multiple options. Thank you all for your reading and replies!

I buy mine locally all summer/spring but in the late fall and winter, those places (including Walmart) don't have them, so you should definitely hold on to the link.

I highly recommend e. Hortensis earthworms. My basement worm bin is doing awesome with these big guys! In the winter months, my basement temperature is about 52 degrees, with it getting no higher than about 65/68 in the summer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back