Which 2 should I get?

Which 2 should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Day

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm getting 2 axolotl's soon and I'm not sure which ones to get. Any help?

Personally I love my albino, and my wild type is great too, Leucistic is pretty mainstream (call me a hipster) and Melanoid is quite unique. Top favorites are wild type and albino!!!
f47d9a3721a65c3ad9ce5efaa20773cd.jpg
317ea81369244b0c33a76cc151365e3f.jpg

Look are the gallery and decide which color looks "right" to you. :happy:

GFP can come with any color. Scientifically, it is pretty cool, but I don't personally like how it makes the light colored ones look greeninsh. Plus, you should avoid subjecting a GFP to light that makes it glow.

Have you considered how you will separate them if you end up with a male and a female?

I think Melanoids are pretty cool! I have a leucistic myself. I love him/her to bits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or get one in every color and develop MTS like me....

By the way, I have juveniles available for sale :)

Or get one in every color and develop MTS like me....

By the way, I have juveniles available for sale :)

How bout sharing them breeding secrets ;) how do you get mosaic ?and I have never even heard of purple can you post pictures?

Do you have to pick now, or can you pick after you've "met" them? With any animal, I always say to pick after you've actually seen them and watched them for a while, rather than on color alone. I went in to axolotl ownership wanting a melanoid or wild type and ended up with a GFP Leucy! Her breeder had a bunch of little babies in a container and she just caught my eye. I never would have picked a leucy (as Kilolotlkeeper said, too mainstream lol) but I fell in love with her and can't imagine it any other way :) Just pick the lotls that catch your eye :D

I'm by no means saying Leucistic is bad haha XD it all depends on you, I love ALL axolotls, Leucies are beautiful, but I like different ?, totally agree with hoagii though. If you have a chance to meet it before you get it, do it. It's super easy for one to catch your eye and you instantly become attached and bonded

I think everyone should have at least one wild type so they can fully appreciate the natural beauty of an axolotl, how they would usually appear in the wild, back when they swam aplenty in Lake Xochimilco :)

I originally wanted a copper.
I have ended up with MTS, 2 coppers, 2 wild types and 2 leucistic with freckles.
They are all adorable.
These things happen :happy:

Last edited:
I would agree, get at least one wild type. The ones with iridophores are really cool as are the ones without. Otherwise, I am no help as to your second axolotl.

I have wild types with and without iridohpores, multiple yellow albinos with iridophores, multiple leucistic , and one white albino. One of my leucistic axolotls is over 10 years old!

Bump ;) Also what should I get... Im thinking one leucistic or GFP leucistic... What else?

Thanks,
- Jack

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back