Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Will these parts grow back?

jayphil

Reaction score
Hi

when i got my little fella a few weeks ago he was in a pet shop in a tank with two other huge guys and by the looks of it they really attacked him. his tail, gills and a foot all looked to be short and stumpy. since i have had him his gill frills have grown but not the stalks and his tail isnt doing much. will this grow bck over time? also i have taken him off the rocks you can see in the pictures if they work

jayphil

Reaction score
here is a photo of his tail. apologies, it wouldnt attach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 182

bingfisk

Reaction score
Not long ago my own axie was stuck between ornaments in the tank and hurt his tail kinda like what the picture shows.

Today the tail looks fine, the damage is very visible though, but over time it should get harder to see.
so i would say yes as long as he is healthy and under clean conditions as always. :happy:

auntiejude

Reaction score
It will improve over time, but there is no guarantee that you axie's tail will ever be perfect! Two of my axies have ragged tails, another has oddly shaped gills, several have mising or extra toes where they just gre back funny after an injury - this is all normal, and I feel it all adds to the character of an axie.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1