Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Getting back into Axolotls!

SilentBenjam

Reaction score
A few years ago i had a couple of Albinos and the got a fungus of some sort on their back. I was keeping them in the fridge and salt bathing them every day and it was clearing up.
I was working at a garden center at the time and it was run by a large aquatic center, i told my manager what i was doing (had bought them from where i worked) and he basically said that was the most stupid thing he ever heard, and sold me some amoxicillin, told me to put them in back in the tank (had spent a fortune on it, so was glad there was an option to get them straight back in) and add a dose of the axolotl poison :(.

Long story short, LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE IN HERE, NOT THE PEOPLE WHO RUN AQUATIC CENTERS!

So after about three years of pining for more of these amazing creatures, but feeling unworthy of keeping them i have decided to try again.
I do hope my expensive, external, power controlled, pump/filter combo still works.

CJ1981

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum :happy:

I'm pleased to hear your previous experience hasn't put you off forever, curse of the fish shop strikes again!

You are very fortunate to live near Auntie Jude, she breeds some lovely axies and can give you some great advice to boot, drop her a PM :wink:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!