Chillers

HayleyK

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
As I have not been able to afford a chiller since I have student loans and a car loan to pay off, I am forever looking at ebay, gumtree and aquariums to see how expensive they are. Usually I see them for $400-$600 dollars which to me at the moment is too much.

I have found one up for auction on ebay which right now is sitting at $100 (buy it outright for $399) with 2 days to go - brand new. The problem is - I have no idea how useful it will be in cooling my aquarium. A little help / suggestions would be great. It is a Resun CL-450.

My tank is 3ft and about 46 gallons or 175L.

This chiller requires:
VOLT: 100-120V 220-240V
FREQ: 50-60Hz
POWER: 1/6HP
COOLANT: R134A
REC. PUMP OUTFLOW 1200L/hr
REFRIGERATING CAPACITY: 450W
REC. AQUARIUM SIZE: if set to 22 celcius <450L or <700L is set to 25 celcius

Will this be suitable? Has any one used one of these chillers before, if so how great/not so great are they?

It would work, but it's on ebay, so it is likely to shoot up in price in the last hour.

Looks like it would work. I have a 1/10 HP on my 55 gallon, so 1/6 HP would definitely be okay.
Here is a helpful site if you need to see chiller requirements: How to Size a Chiller

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back