Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Water Change

stephycarter09

Reaction score
If I change out all the water in my 40 gallon aquarium and clean everything really well, will it be okay to put my Axies in new water? The water will be setting in a bucket from 10pm-12pm the next day. Does it have to set for a certain time period before they can go back in?

auntiejude

Reaction score
As long as the water in dechlorinated and temperature mtched it should befine, but I don't understand why you want to do this - why are you doind a complete strip down clean?

stephycarter09

Reaction score
I've had my Axies for about 6 years now. They were on sand til I decided to just do a bare bottom on them. My filter just recently when crazy and sprayed debris and filth everywhere. The only way to get everything out is a complete change. I've done it before (when changing from sand to bare) but I had the water setting for a long time. I don't have the option to let it set for as long as I did last time :/

Cacique

Reaction score
Even if you let it sit, you still need to use a dechlorinator like prime. If you use a dechlorinator, you don't need to let the water sit at all. I would toss in enough prime for the 40 gallons and fill the tank up, good to go.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!