Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Eheim biopower filter

keiko

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Eheim biopower filters? I'm thinking of getting another tank for my axies - around 180 liters - and was thinking of getting an internal filter this time. I came across this filter and it seems pretty good since it comes with ceramic media too instead of just the sponges.

SilentBenjam

Reaction score
They are cheaper than externals, they have a spray bar and an power adjuster, also got filter media for the bacteria to grow on, i have never used one, but i would give it a try if nobody on here tells you to stay away.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've no experience with that specific model but I've been using Eheim filters for more than twenty years. In my opinion they are the best available off the shelf, only bettered by custom built systems.

keiko

Reaction score
I have an external filter by Eheim in my other axie tank and I'm very happy with it, that's why I went straight to their internal filters when I started thinking about another tank. I'd get an external for that too, but I could really use the space under the tank for other stuff. :D And the biopower filter seems pretty good at least on paper.

keiko

Reaction score
Incase anyone else is wondering about these filters... I decided to get the Eheim biopower 240 filter and I've been using it in my 180 liter tank for a little while now. Without a doubt I'd say it's the best internal filter I've come across with. It has 2 sponges and 3 baskets of ceramic media which is good for biological filtration. The pump is very powerful, but you can adjust the power and direction of the outflow, and add a spraybar so it's very good. Only negative is that the spraybar that comes with it is only about 10 cm long so I'm probably going to get another one that is a bit longer later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!