Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Axolotls Have a White Film on His Gills

stefro37

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have looked around but have not really been able to find an answer for my particular case. I have two albino axies in a 30-gallon tank. I got them about a month and a half ago. I have noticed that as they've grown, they also are starting to get white-film looking stuff on the front of their gills. From what I have seen on forums and everything, most axies have pure pink or red gills so I don't know if I should start to worry about them? I'm attaching a couple of pictures to help. They have been eating regularly and have no abnormal behavior from what I can see.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20141214_005410.jpg
    20141214_005410.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 451
  • 20141214_010039.jpg
    20141214_010039.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 267

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
Looks like typical golden albino coloration to me, unless I'm not looking at the right spot lol

stefro37

Reaction score
Oh good, thanks for the quick reply! I'm new to owning axolotls so I was hoping I was just being a paranoid new parent :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!