Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Every time you do that thing you do

Katah

Reaction score
My newest of the three juvies I have likes to swallow big air bubbles and doggy paddle at the top of the tank.

LSuzuki

Reaction score
Sometimes they will go to the place I feed them and just stare up at the surface until "food falls from the sky".

leiafee

Reaction score
I'm quite taken with the way he sits floating halfway up the tank with just casually one little forefoot on a leaf to steady himself.

Just chilling. ;)

Ninja4H

Reaction score
A couple of times this week, Jax has let a pellet fall onto his nose, then wait for another pellet to drop, and gobble them both in one gulp. He's done it a couple of times in the past too. It's either a talent, or he's a yutz.

LSuzuki

Reaction score
Maybe not cool, but definitely amusing ...

So, the food dish contains worm pieces and an axolotl is standing at the food disk looking down at the worms. 15 minutes later, the axolotl is still there, worms uneaten. I pick up a piece of worm with the tongs and raise it 1/2 inch to his mouth. SNAP! and a look that says, "It is about time you fed me!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!