Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Easy/ Healthy Foods for Axies

Bette

Reaction score
Well, the easiest by far are the pellets made by rangen for commercial salmon fisheries. They are semi-soft and sinking. Very good nutrition. I use these and supplement with live earthworms.

allied123

Reaction score
I know live worms are supposed to be better (and I really did try for about a month) but my guys are exactly the opposite and they will not eat the worms and will only eat the stinky pellets from ed's fly meat.

keiko

Reaction score
I know live worms are supposed to be better (and I really did try for about a month) but my guys are exactly the opposite and they will not eat the worms and will only eat the stinky pellets from ed's fly meat.

My big male is the same. He will only eat worms if they are exactly the way he likes them (not too big, not too small, don't move too much but not completely still either) and even then he will only eat them occasionally. Pellets on the other hand he will eat every time. Good quality pellets are good as a staple though they can foul the water fast if left in the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!