Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

If baby comes out of egg too early, will it for sure die? :(

Azsinderkitty

Reaction score
I axidentaly broke open one of my babies eggs, I have now separated it, and it is still twitching around if I bump the dish, did I just kill him or can he somehow survive :( I know its just one egg, but it is my fault. I don't want him to die because of me.:(

LSuzuki

Reaction score
I'm sure it depends on how far along the development was.

Word of advice - try not to get too attached to each individual egg/larva, since you may have serious defects etc that you have to cull, and sometimes even with the best care, they don't all make it. And it is hard to give the best care if you are too stressed out about it.

Good luck! :happy:

auntiejude

Reaction score
I may survive, it may not. I agree with LSuzuki - try not to get attached!

Azsinderkitty

Reaction score
thanks guys, I know not to get too attached, but I really don't want to be the reason they die, if it is meant to be then it will be. but it was my fault this little one came out. he just came to the gill bud stage. about 5-6 days old. he seems to be doing ok so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!