HELP - going away - what do I do with my Axie

Greenmoon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Help I found out recently that I have to go away for 4 days (it's urgent), there's none of my family in town to feed her and none of my friends are able to. She's a juvenile and needs to be fed everyday so if I feed her HEAPS before I go, then HEAPS when I get back she would miss 3 days of feeding. Please help... Would this be ok... It's stressing me out

How big is she? If she's over 6" she should be OK for 4 days. smaller than that I would consider putting her outside or somewhere very cool so she can cop without food for a bit longer.

The other option (I don't know if it's possible) is to take her with you.

How big is she? If she's over 6" she should be OK for 4 days. smaller than that I would consider putting her outside or somewhere very cool so she can cop without food for a bit longer.

The other option (I don't know if it's possible) is to take her with you.

She is about 3" I'm unable to take her with me, if I space out her feeding times leading up to me leaving would it be better for her. I can chill the tank easily - what temperature would be best?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back