Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Kira-ki and Sai ^_^

scythe13kiraki

Reaction score
Hey everyone. (I'm not too good with introductions, so please excuse my strange post). Anyways, *Ahem* My name is Sai and Kira-ki (aka Ki) is my little tiger salamander. ^_^
He was given to me by my brother as a gift last Fall. It's really nice to meet you all.

I signed up here mostly because I'm still new at this, and I can't resist being so apprehensively vigilant when concerning Ki's health and well being after reading so many horror stories in forums and articles about the massive hazards these little guys could be easily vulnerable to. And on top of that, the information I gather argues one another making it confusing when trying to find what's safe and what's not safe when caring for a salamander. Lastly, there's hardly any information available so it's not easy trying to compare advice.
So I figured the questions I have might be better to ask of those with actual experience; which would be salamander owners if not from the salamanders themselves. Lol.

I hope to learn a lot here as well as make a few friends. Any advice given is greatly appreciated and extremely helpful. Also, I like to share and exchange stories about pets so feel free to post any. It's nice to find ones you can relate to, even funny ones. ^_^

Thank you for reading this!

-Sai and Kira-ki

Attachments

• 20141031_025013_Night-1.jpg
    20141031_025013_Night-1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 125
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1