Illness/Sickness: Diarrhea?

anonymousaxolol

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So this is the 5 time that my axolotl has pooped like this, I was starting to think was that is was because he was eating my fish, but all my fish are accounted for.
I gave him worms at lunch today and he ate with a great delight.
Please Help!!!
Thanks,
Anonymous Axolotl

image.jpg

Re: Diharea?

What worms are you giving him?
they might be too rich for his tummy.

Are they earthworms?

They are evergreen big reds or earthworms. I have been feeding them too him and he poops normally, I think it is from eating some fish... but I am not certain.

is there any moss in there?? burrito used to eat java moss and get diarrhea from it

It probably just got ran over before you saw it? Idk if I don't get the poops instantly they end up looking like that pretty quickly, but I'm definitely no expert

He did it again this evening. I am really puzzled with this. I fed him 2 small worms today and he pooped like this. I am maybe starting to think that I should feed him 1 worm instead of 2 small ones. Any thoughts?

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as he looks healthy and is eating normally. Sometimes they produce a looser stool here and there. And they will also walk through it on occasion before you can get it out of there :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back