Illness/Sickness: My axolotl has small lumps over her

axoltlmad123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just looked at my axolotl (Axi) , and she is covered in lumps. Sorry if I Don't describe this well but I don't know how. They are all over her chin, there are some on her head (some indent in some are lumps and the most noticeable in pictures the ones down her back around her back fin. She seems perfectly happy, still has a big appetite, is walking and swimming round fine, will still have a chomp on my finger if she gets the chance. But I am really concerned she is also covered in tiny white Un risen spots (I couldn't really get these in the photo) so what could this be? Is it just something I haven't noticed before? Or is it something I should be concerned about? I can't test my water as I don't have a water testing kit yet but if it needs testing I can take it down pets at home. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20150121_002522.jpg
    20150121_002522.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 20150116_220147.jpg
    20150116_220147.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 220
I don't see anything amiss. Just the normal skin texture an axolotl should have. If you think I am missing something, try to get more photos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back