Breeding my Iberians question??

Admm92

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have bred them before and kept 2 babies from the first batch. But the mom and dad are both regular colored. Can they produce a Leucistic baby?
I would really hope so lol

Hmm. I'm not very good with genetics so don't count me on this. But if BOTH parents are het leucy, the offspring will show the leucistic gene. I think if one parent is het then you will get het offspring. But I don't know.

I've been thinking about just buying a Leucistic Ribbed Newt. The new batch that I'm working on now the babies are about 2 months. I separated a couple that look white to me. As of now they have their front legs. the rest of the babies have a dark tan or brown color. So I'm really hoping that these white ones stay white lol If not I dont mind having light colored Iberians

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back