Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Female laid eggs

alex the

Reaction score
My orange albino female just laid over 200 eggs, I've removed the male. It couldn't happen at a worse time as i was planning of putting my wild type female in with her. But I'm worried that the albino mum will be territorial. Was hoping someone could give me some advice?

bellyache

Reaction score
My orange albino female just laid over 200 eggs, I've removed the male. It couldn't happen at a worse time as i was planning of putting my wild type female in with her. But I'm worried that the albino mum will be territorial. Was hoping someone could give me some advice?

two females toegether will be fine, they are not tearatorial towards each other

alex the

Reaction score
Under normal circumstances I would of thought that was the case. only checking because of the eggs wasn't sure if the mum would want to protect her eggs. Thanks for your help :)

alex the

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the mum eat some but I separated pretty much atleast 200 of them the other 100 I left attached to the filter and ornaments but she put some on the floor. So many eggs from just one night and for her first. The eggs are starting to form now only 5 days old.
Thanks for you help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!