Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tank mates?

Nuclear Herps

Reaction score
Hi I have constructed a 1 and a half meter long outdoor enclosure for my 1 fire salmander (soon to be two). It has lots of cover and varients of mosses with pool I was thinking I could have some yellow bellied toads or something because it would be to big for 2 fire salmander.Btw I have multiple large underground hibernaclums with consant food supply thanks to dog food and beer method for slugs and very insulated and escape proof

Stupot1610

Reaction score
Hi I have constructed a 1 and a half meter long outdoor enclosure for my 1 fire salmander (soon to be two). It has lots of cover and varients of mosses with pool I was thinking I could have some yellow bellied toads or something because it would be to big for 2 fire salmander.Btw I have multiple large underground hibernaclums with consant food supply thanks to dog food and beer method for slugs and very insulated and escape proof

They would be absolutely fine together, they would rarely ever see each other anyway and naturally live in the same areas. Good luck! :)

jAfFa CaKe

Reaction score
But be careful, make sure to get the European toads. Some species wouldn't be able to tolerate the cooler temperatures.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!