Question: 25c celcius?

ntny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
ntny
Hi folks

I am currently setting up a new 15 gallon 2ft aquatic tank for newts.
i have got a new chiller and tested was able to cool down to 25c celicus easily.
any lower temp there will be alot water condensation on the glass tank.
where water will start dripping all.
No light is installed to reduce heat load.
Corner air bubble filter is also used to reduce heat load.

I read that some newts may tolerate higher temps as below.
Pleurodeles waltl,*Tylototriton verrucosus,*Cynops pyrrhogaster, and*Cynops ensicauda.

Does anyone keep them can advice if they can tolerate 25c?
Thanks

25C is about 77F, which I think is too warm for most species for long term, from what I've read on verrucosus, that is the temp that it should be in the summer for its highest temp, if you can't keep your temps down, maybe look into a different type of animal entirely

回复: 25c celcius?

Hi aron

thanks for advice. The chiller is able to cool down to 22c as i have tested.
been running, testing and cycling for 2 weeks now
but i have a problem with water condensation.
Was wondering if anyone has same problem and found a way to overcome it?
Thanks

Perhaps it depends on what you call "Tylototriton verrucosus".
This species was once said to have a very large range between North India to Thailand, but now it has been split into a lot of species, some of them hve not been named yet.

More practically, it depens on what origin your "T. verrucosus" are from.

You could try setting a fan up to blow across the water to try to turn the air around and keep the condensation down. A light will also help with the condensation. I found using 10 watt LED flood lights will keep the heat down and provides a beautiful spectrum. I bought 2 of these from Ebay for my 20 gallon long. You could probably get away with 1 on your 10 gallon set up. They stay cool enough that I can touch them without being burned.

Security LED 10 Watt Flood Light 6500K Cool White High Quality Outdoor Lighting | eBay

Also to help keep heat down in my room (floor to ceiling windows on 2 of 4 walls) I am making aluminum foil window blinds to block the sun from my room. Its 12C outside where I live right now but when the sun hits my windows my room gets up to 25-30C and summer isnt here yet.

If you cant keep the temps down in your room, find a better room like in a basement if you have that option, or as someone else said, find a different pet entirely.

Can see my lights on my aquarium here:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/member...belly-newts-cynops-orientalis/35857-img-1975/

回复: Re: 25c celcius?

Hi jm29

Ya i read they split into a few species t.yangi t.pseduo v etc.... still confusing to me.
hahaha... not really sure what excatly i can find here. Most probably thai variant.

thanks

UOTE=JM29;439769]Perhaps it depends on what you call "Tylototriton verrucosus".
This species was once said to have a very large range between North India to Thailand, but now it has been split into a lot of species, some of them hve not been named yet.

More practically, it depens on what origin your "T. verrucosus" are from.[/QUOTE]

回复: Re: 25c celcius?

Hi grumpa

i am able to cool down to below 25c with the new chiller
but when it hits 23c-24c condensation start to happen.
i tried blowing fans on top the tank but only get to 26c
so i dont know what can i do to minimize condensation?
Is there any thing on the diy store which can help reduce condensation on glass?

Thanks

UOTE=GrumpaDirt;439777]You could try setting a fan up to blow across the water to try to turn the air around and keep the condensation down. A light will also help with the condensation. I found using 10 watt LED flood lights will keep the heat down and provides a beautiful spectrum. I bought 2 of these from Ebay for my 20 gallon long. You could probably get away with 1 on your 10 gallon set up. They stay cool enough that I can touch them without being burned.

Security LED 10 Watt Flood Light 6500K Cool White High Quality Outdoor Lighting | eBay

Also to help keep heat down in my room (floor to ceiling windows on 2 of 4 walls) I am making aluminum foil window blinds to block the sun from my room. Its 12C outside where I live right now but when the sun hits my windows my room gets up to 25-30C and summer isnt here yet.

If you cant keep the temps down in your room, find a better room like in a basement if you have that option, or as someone else said, find a different pet entirely.

Can see my lights on my aquarium here:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/member...belly-newts-cynops-orientalis/35857-img-1975/[/QUOTE]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back