Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Histological project

urieltszev

Reaction score
Hello, I am a biology student, I live in Peru, I am quite passionate about the order "Caudata", as well as most of the amphibians. The objective of go in this forum is to learn more and contribute my knowledge. And one more reason why is the project that is being carried out. Well, we are working with the: "Ambystoma mexicanum", we are intrigued by your regenerative capacity, because of this, we will do the following: We have three salamanders in the labotario with all the care that is required for your stay in captivity, i will mention some, if it is that I am wrong please correct myself: Temperature: 18 - 20 °C, food: "tubifex" and a concentrate of spirulina (a friend do it for you), ph: 7 to 8, every day is performed a partial change of the 50 per cent of the water, and the weekends a total change, for this we use a declorador. There will be a court of the dorsal fin to the three animals on the same day, after ten days the animal (1) will be cut from new the dorsal fin, this procedure will be repeated in the animal (2), but in the thirty day and finally in the animal (3) on the fiftieth day. Once obtained the samples, we will make the histological staining with hematoxylin. Ok, from the observation of these histological sections, we will focus our attention and we will post in a tissue in particular. Chosen the tissue we will make other histological sections, but with a better stain. What is this last that?- Well, there are already many articles about this topic, but most are general and do not cover a single tissue, this is the reason. There is a doubt in me that won't let me move forward, it is the following, I hope they can understand and help me:
* ¿Is the next cut should be in the same place where I made the first cut or end of regeneration ?
Try to upload a picture, but I can not .
Thanks for your attention , I'll be abreast with you , giving and giving news.
PD: Sorry for the English , used a translator.

urieltszev

Reaction score
Hello, I am a biology student, I live in Peru, I am quite passionate about the order "Caudata", as well as most of the amphibians. The objective of go in this forum is to learn more and contribute my knowledge. And one more reason why is the project that is being carried out. Well, we are working with the: "Ambystoma mexicanum", we are intrigued by your regenerative capacity, because of this, we will do the following: We have three salamanders in the labotario with all the care that is required for your stay in captivity, i will mention some, if it is that I am wrong please correct myself: Temperature: 18 - 20 °C, food: "tubifex" and a concentrate of spirulina (a friend do it for you), ph: 7 to 8, every day is performed a partial change of the 50 per cent of the water, and the weekends a total change, for this we use a declorador. There will be a court of the dorsal fin to the three animals on the same day, after ten days the animal (1) will be cut from new the dorsal fin, this procedure will be repeated in the animal (2), but in the thirty day and finally in the animal (3) on the fiftieth day. Once obtained the samples, we will make the histological staining with hematoxylin. Ok, from the observation of these histological sections, we will focus our attention and we will post in a tissue in particular. Chosen the tissue we will make other histological sections, but with a better stain. What is this last that?- Well, there are already many articles about this topic, but most are general and do not cover a single tissue, this is the reason. There is a doubt in me that won't let me move forward, it is the following, I hope they can understand and help me:
* ¿Is the next cut should be in the same place where I made the first cut or end of regeneration ?
Try to upload a picture, but I can not .
Thanks for your attention , I'll be abreast with you , giving and giving news.
PD: Sorry for the English , used a translator.

Attachments

• AXOLOTL.jpg
    AXOLOTL.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 280

LSuzuki

Reaction score
This might more suitable for the "advanced" forum Species, Genus & Family Discussions - Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (<i>Ambystoma tigrinum</i>, <i>A. mavortium</i> spp, etc.) at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal Many of the people who participate in the "beginner" forums, such as myself, are not biologists or experts in axolotl physiology. So, you are less likely to get helpful feedback here.

There is a "waiting period" for new people to post in that forum, but the moderators are very responsive.

Best of luck with your research!

allied123

Reaction score
From just owning axolotls and coming here, (and I think someone already mentioned this on your previous post.) That diet is really not the best for them, it would probably be better and easier to feed them earth worms or high quality salmon pellets. Also that temperature range is really at the high end, I think I understand that they would be better off at around 16-18 C and I think colder water helps them regenerate faster.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!