Hello from OHIO!

Wildman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone! My name is Charles and I'm in Ohio! I've been lurking in the shadows for a bit reading though some stuff and wow this site has some amazing information! I've kept newts before a few years ago and I have started to get back into them middle of last year. I have a spare room and we use it for the newts. I've raised a few from eggs I got from a few of my breeders last season and I plan on keeping what I've raised to help build my groups a bit. My son loves helping/watching me feed everything, he's 2 1/2 by the way :)

Anyone else in Ohio or close to me? I'm between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Charles aka Wildman!

Welcome! I'm just east of Dayton, and keep axolotls. Glad you made it back into the hobby. :happy:

Hello Laura! Yup you're just around the coner practically. Yeah I'm glad to be back. Do you only keep axolotls? I've had a few a while back that I raised up from babies till sub adults and sold them to a close buddy that breeds axolotls but thay are fun to sit and watch.

You know me from Facebook lol. But welcome to the forum!

Hello there Charles. I just joined a few days ago, I am located in Columbus. First time soon to be owner here. Nice to meet you.

Hello Zero! Nice nice to see another person from Ohio :) I dri up your way for the reptile show from time to time. If you dont mind me asking what will you be getting?

Charles - yes, I only do axolotls (so far). Since they are neotonic, I can use my "fish" experience. Maybe one of these days I'll try some more typical amphibians and get a chance to learn about terrestrial critter keeping.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back