Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I think my move has upset my Axie

shells

Reaction score
I'm rarely on here as Ive barely had any issues for my Abes once I got him settled in a new tank 5 years ago. And I may just be panicking,but I know him soooo well, enough to know something isn't right.
I moved house last weekend, I moved the filter and the chiller with their water, and set up the new tank at my new place. Everything was going well until tues when Abes didn't eat all his dinner (sooooooooo unusual) and turned his nose up it again tonight after a couple of pellets. Abes NEVER turns down food! Now he's taken to gill flapping, and while it's not rapid, maybe once every 30 secs, he's not a gill flapper usually. While I ubnderstang gill flapping is normal, it can also be a sign of stress.
I've monitored the chemistry since moving, and all is within good limits... His tank has a chiller set at 19 degrees. He's in a 3 ft tank all by himself (lucky boy) and I've moved last year with no issues.
I'm concerned that the turning down of food combined with gill flapping is a sign of something not being right.
Any expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Skudo09

Reaction score
He may just be settling into his new home. Moving can be stressful and he may calm down in time. Would you be able to post the actual readings of ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH? I am sure they are all fine as you have said but it is always good to post the actual readings.

shells

Reaction score
I've moved with him before and he's not reacted this way, I am hoping he will settle. Will post readings tonight when I get home and do another...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!