Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Blood blister & fridging

icecoolsupersta

Reaction score
I have 3 axolotls and one, my gold axolotl, has not developed like the other two and consistently eats very little. To the point he is really thin. I've tried feeding him in a separate tank but even then he won't eat much if at all depending on the day.
The tank water is changed consistently and they're in a 55 gallon tank with ample space.
He now developed a blood blister and I've separated him in a tank and he is now in the fridging process. Has anyone else had experience with this?

I just want to make sure that fridging is the correct course of action or I;m theres anything else I can do since its been tw days now and he doesn't look better.

charleybambino

Reaction score
The blood blister could be sign of infection..... He sounds unwell.A visit to the vet and antibiotics will be needed if this is the case...not fridging especially if he is already weak and not eating. Keep him seperatel from the others...any pics ?

LSuzuki

Reaction score
I agree. An axolotl that is not eating to the point of getting thin is sick. A stool sample would help a vet confirm or rule out parasites. (Just put it in a ziploc bag.)

Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!