Legos?

cabbysarus

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I'm looking for some opinions here... Do you guys think it would be ok for me to build some decorations for in my tank out of legos? I know they are non-toxic; kids eat them all the time and don't die, but would that make them safe for axolotls? I know there won't be any chance of them eating because however cute it might be to imagine the little guys in there trying to pry them apart, I just don't see that happening :rolleyes: I haven't done anything yet with the legos, and I plan on buying new ones if I do go through with it.

I would give it a shot. Of course axies are much harder to come by than kids, but I think if it's OK for them to eat, axies wouldn't suffer.

I'm wondering if the legos would float? Maybe with enough of them together they would sink... I would test this out but I don't have any legos!!

I feel like if the lego structure was built under water so there wasn't any air in the blocks, it wouldn't float. I found that LEGOLAND has legos in a fish tank, but I don't know if they're special "fish legos" or not.

I built little lego hides for my hatchlings once...but they did float so I ended up putting large stones on top.....perhaps you could incorporate rocks into your design in hidden compartments!!

I've tried this and they just seem to float lol. Unless you can get them to stick to the bottom or bury them they are too light. At least mine were. I was doing it for a bare bottom tank though, and it just made a floating cave, not really what I was going for.

I've done it before, by building sand into the Lego structures to keep them down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back