Question: Best siphoner for axolotl tank?

brelove

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Breanna
Hello there!

Was wondering if you guys had an opinion on a siphon for my 55 gallon axolotl tank. We were using a turkey baster for a while, but it doesn't have the best suction power. We still use the turkey baster for our 10 gallon tank with our little guy in it. Let me know your opinions and what you think! Thanks! ;)

For my little ones i use airline tubing, and for adults i went to a hardware store (home depot) and bought a larger size tube, they sell by the foot. I think i got 8ft of 1/2" tubing, works great, reaches a small bucket on floor, the hieght makes great suction power. if you go to the sink and fill the tube with water, plug both ends with your thumbs and walk back you can put it in the tank and start a siphon without having to suck on the other end to get a mouthful of yucky water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back