I now have an axolotl!

adorableaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, as the title states I acquired an axolotl around a month and a half ago, she was probably around 1 3/4 inches when i got her and she has grown quite a bit, i love her and her antics. so i'm very happy to be in this forum! :D now question time. how do i post images? do i have to link them to photo bucket or something similar?

Congrats on the new axie.
To post photos click the "post reply" on the left. Then scroll down and click "manage attachments" under additional options. Then just pick the photo you want from your files and upload it. It sometimes takes a little while upload the images especially if they're big and there are many of them.

Congrats !!! :cool: Be warned... ONE is Never enough!! :eek: :eek: :eek: These little adorable non fur babies are more addictive than coffee!! :errr: :errr: Maybe that's why I sit and watch them while drinking my cup of morning joe :) :D :wacko: :eek:;) :cool: :D

Btw, if your using a phone or tablet type device.. There is an app called Taptalk. It makes it Real easy to post images and replies without having to actually upload them to the caudata photo gallery :) Lmk if I can help :)

i know exactly what you mean! i get a kick out of just watching her do her daily routine. and thank you for the information. i think i linked 2 photos we will see!
on my desktop the photos are normal but when i upload them they're canted

Attachments

• axie.jpg
    axie.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 130
  • axie2.jpg
    axie2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 114
Very cute Wildtype!! I love how she has a red tinge to her gill feathers! I've always wanted a Melanoid or Wildtype with red gills. I'm still hunting. :)) I wish mine had of stayed lighter like that too. Mine is so dark that I confuse him with the Melanoid. :eek: To be honest, I think they do it to mess with me. :p:p:p.

As for your images.. Depending on your operating system... I know windows 7 and 8 (under file manager) will take and turn your images to the proper orientation for viewing purposes only without making any permanent adjustments to the photo it self. I always found that viewing them through my actual photo editing software, gave me a much better/true idea as to what they looked like. I've never been fond of the stock windows photo editing software, the junk never works right. Typicaly I use Avery on my laptop, paint shop pro on my PC and then the Avery app on my ipad. I do lots of picture editing, paint shop pro is my fave by far, but I use Avery the most.

If I can help with anything, let me know :) (((I'm trying to be a more active community member))) while I'm not as experienced as many of the members on here. I might be able to help with something :p
It's funny, I've known about this site for years (joined 6months ago but have spent 2 years lurking, learning and deciding if I wanted the responsibility of an axolotl..... Now I have 5 :bowl: :D :p :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
Anyways, my point.. I'm on here every day researching these little buggers. I'm determined to be prepared for when the proverbial poop hits the oscillator. :eek: :D :p :rolleyes:
So if I can help, Lmk ;) if I can't, I'm sure I can point you to the right thread. :cool: :p :bowl:

Tori

Btw, congrats for deciding to befriend one of the coolest critters in the world! I don't think you'll ever regret it! They're just too dang cute!

Congrats and I agree 1 is never enough I have 3 now. They are fab little beauties x ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a quick question for everyone. i feed my axie a night crawler a day. and since i love her dearly i feel as though she deserves a treat! what is a good treat you feed your axies??? i've also noticed my axolotl may be an unusual breed or its because she is a juvenile but she is quite active, she climbs on her log and jumps off and floats down, swims the tank all day and will literally come to the front of the tank whenever she sees me. my friend got an axie from the same batch and says hers doesn't do much. i may be just over thinking it but my axolotl seems pretty intelligent for being an amphibian. she recognizes the turkey baster as food, she recognizes when i put a bowl in the water to get in the bowl for me to clean the tank, she recogizes me. it makes me very happy! sorry for ranting but i've wanted an axolotl for years and now that i have one i love her even more than i thought!

oh also before anyone gets scared of her active behavior.

water temperature is 62 degrees(constant)

and i do 30% water changes every three days

oh also before anyone gets scared of her active behavior.

water temperature is 62 degrees(constant)

and i do 30% water changes every three days

I'm pretty sure that's normal. Two out of my five do the same thing. One of them even goes bowling for axolotls :blob:
From what I've seen, each one has they're Own personality and seem to be pretty dang smart :p They've figured out how to train me!!!!!:eek: :p It's bad... When they all line up in the front of their aquarium, I can almost hear them chanting my name and saying "feeeeeeeed meeeeee" :D

i have a quick question for everyone. i feed my axie a night crawler a day. and since i love her dearly i feel as though she deserves a treat! what is a good treat you feed your axies??? i've also noticed my axolotl may be an unusual breed or its because she is a juvenile but she is quite active, she climbs on her log and jumps off and floats down, swims the tank all day and will literally come to the front of the tank whenever she sees me. my friend got an axie from the same batch and says hers doesn't do much. i may be just over thinking it but my axolotl seems pretty intelligent for being an amphibian. she recognizes the turkey baster as food, she recognizes when i put a bowl in the water to get in the bowl for me to clean the tank, she recogizes me. it makes me very happy! sorry for ranting but i've wanted an axolotl for years and now that i have one i love her even more than i thought!

I feed mine baby slugs from my organic pesticide free gardens :eek: they absolutely go Crazy for them. It's kinda gross when two axis pull one apart lol I also give them blood worm once in a while as well, and I keep ghost shrimp in with them for when they get late night munchies ;). Currently I'm breeding guppies as another source of food, but they don't seem to care about eating the babies :eek:

I hope I could help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back