Help with decoration

Mozza

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello this is my new tiger salamander set up I have had this tank now for a few weeks and it's looking a bit bare can someone suggest what I could do with it?
f92ddbad15f50253ab844dbb6fa49c87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. :) Add a little more dirt (or whatever you're using), and then for ground level you can add more plants, hiding places and branches or logs. You could even add a bit of moss if you want a really natural look.

They climb sometimes, so putting branches against the glass might give him some more exercise (but not too high as they aren't good climbers).

I kept getting soil mites so besides the coco fibre/top soil mix everything is artificial.

Do you have a water dish in there too? I can't quite see.

This might help you get inspire too. http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/setups3.shtml

Here is my old 10g set up, and my current big (artificial) enclosure.

c9b195b6f68709e9e5b01137a4b1ee4c.jpg

d43bfaa224355ec4e73414cd323a85e4.jpg

Ok then Thank you yes I do have a water bowl that's what's in the middle. I have been inspired I think I need some more plants, possibly live plants and a nice piece of wood to go somewhere and in the middle or I could take a hide out and put it in a corner, maybe a water fall, I will post pics when I have decided what to do ?.

Sounds good! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back