Illness/Sickness: Swollen face?

prince

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's me again,,
things have been going very well! i've got a new concern, though, and i'd like to get it addressed very quickly!
the side of secret wizard's face appears to be... swollen??
https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8eebb923c184eee16a395b500dac6e3/tumblr_nn2qb2clAj1rfgr2wo1_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/32bf2155ce8d88a3d2d5aba2d49fd2a1/tumblr_nn2qb2clAj1rfgr2wo2_1280.jpg
her face is not usually like this and really i have no idea what's causing it? and she doesn't appear to be suffering or anything but i want to make sure she's ok!

diet:
earthworms (staple)
bloodworms

living conditions:
fully cycled tank
nitrites 0
ammonia 0
temperature 62f
fine sand substrate

any other questions you have ill be happy to answer!

if anybody has even an inkling of an idea about what could be wrong, please give me your thoughts! its hard for me to tell, but i think the swelling may have increased, and i really want to help her if i can.

Could she have swam quickly and banged into a tank decoration? My Axxie has been known to get spooked and has almost jumped out of his tank before, luckily he didn't hurt himself on any of his rocks.

Could she have swam quickly and banged into a tank decoration? My Axxie has been known to get spooked and has almost jumped out of his tank before, luckily he didn't hurt himself on any of his rocks.

i think that it's possible, yeah!! i just don't know how i'd recognize a little bump as opposed to something like a fluid build up? i'm still learning the ropes really,

i think that it's possible, yeah!! i just don't know how i'd recognize a little bump as opposed to something like a fluid build up? i'm still learning the ropes really,

I really don't know but I'm thinking it might have to do with their ability to regenerate?

I hope someone else pops in who may know more!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back