Hello from a new UK owner

nervous rec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My name is Rebecca and I am new to the forum. I have only just acquired my first axolotl after seeing 'it' in the aquatic section of our local garden centre. I had visited with my daughter who wanted a couple of fish for her aquarium and it was love at first sight! So now we have a new addition to our menagerie, which already consists of dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, geese and hens. We live in the countryside near Doveridge in Derbyshire.
At the moment the axolotl is called Lotti because I am not sure whether it is male or female. I also don't know how old Lotti is either as I think the aquatic centre was new to axolotls as well. I have joined the forum so that I can learn more about keeping Lotti happy and healthy. I have to confess I think they are cute looking!

Hello from across the pond!:D Congrats on your new addition.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back