Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Wound care??!!?!?!?!

sergiomcaro

Reaction score
Water pump fell onto axolotl and broke his skin. Looks like a scratch about a little less than a half an inch but it is worrying me because of the way he got hurt. He is a melanoid gpf and it is showing up sort of white-ish. What should i do??? Will he regenerate on his own? :(

rachel1

Reaction score
At the bottom of her post, in purple font, there's a list of amphibian links.

sergiomcaro

Reaction score
thank you sorry that was my brother responding I have currently hijacked his profile. I'm not sure why he did not comprehend that response. Nevertheless in case anyone was curious about Haku's well being (the axie injured) he is fine now. He had a minor scratch which healed completely in two days and is currently eating adamantly and as active and healthy as ever thank you so much for the response!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1