Please help!

Rhodes332

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Just wanted some advice on selling axolotl babies. This is the first time we decided to hatch eggs and have way to many. We still have 50 babies left and they are 4 months old. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to sell them. Craigslist and local pet stores are not working. Any advice is appreciated. We are located in Northeast Ohio. Thanks!!

I used to trade mine into a local pet store for store credit, but sadly that store went out of business a few years ago. The last batch I raised was because a friend wanted a couple... I was glad she did because that is the first time I got leucisitic babies and one white albino baby (always got golden albino or an interesting assortment of wild types on all previous batches)!

The left over axololts I was able to sell on craigslist fortunately. Check your price point, are you asking too much? Have you included pictures?

Yep I included pics. I'm selling for $10 a piece but have given discounts for multiples. I am down to 25 now but they are getting huge and the money I have spent feeding them at this point is way more than $10. They are now 5 months old. In the future I will try to sell just the eggs or not hatch as many. I started with 223.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back