Food for Mississippi Slimy Salamander morphs.

geron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Geron
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble getting my newly terrestrial Sals to eat anything. I tried cut up bits of earthworms but they don't seem too interested. Are they just stressed from morphing? Or maybe the food is too big for them? Are white worms an alternative to try to coax them to eat? Any help and advise would be appreciated.

I'd keep them on forest floor substrate. I'd seed the substrate with springtails, dwarf isopods, and white worms. I'd try supplemental feedings of chopped small earthworms, pinhead crickets, and fruit flies. I'd just let uneaten chopped earthworms in the tank. The springtails, isopods, and white worms should eat the leftovers.

Thank you so much for the reply Michael. I'll definitely put some spring tails and white worms on the menu for them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back