Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: I found some...

C

Cliygh and Mia

Two small slender salamanders!:D They are adorable! But enough talking. Let the pictures speak for themselves...

Attachments

• 20150510_152514.jpg
    20150510_152514.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 269
  • 20150510_152457.jpg
    20150510_152457.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 20150510_152444.jpg
    20150510_152444.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 231

sde

Reaction score
Nice finds Xavier! Those are juveniles, though, so if you want some adults I would keep searching, there are bound to be some if there are juveniles.

C

Cliygh and Mia

Well they sealed of lily pond, so I'm taking these running! Back at Georgia, I have had a problem with springtails in my red eyed tree frog tank, so I am going to add some terrestrial hides, and move the red eye to a different setup, one with little or no springtails, and let the salamanders feast on the springtails. And I know they are juveniles, My dad was so happy, it feels like a right of passage :D:p

C

Cliygh and Mia

The smaller of the two killed itself last night:( Decided it needed water, and crawled into the deep end, and drowned itself:( Looks like we are going back to lily pond after all:(

AdvythAF

Reaction score
That's so sad :(
They never enter water in the wild so I think you should either take the bowl out or use a really shallow bowl.

C

Cliygh and Mia

That's the point, there was no water dish! There was a puddle, and he stayed there for too long, and drowned

C

Cliygh and Mia

Yeah, I am planning to go back to lily pond (or the part that isn't sealed off) and bury the dead one, and collect adults

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!