Display Name
lilmisspands
300l/h Aquarium Internal Filter for Fish Tank Submersible with Spray Bar

Flame Moss Growing on Bogwood

Classic Ornamental Rocky Ledge

Aquarium Silica Fine White Sand

OCEAN FREE AQUA GRO PLANT & SHRIMP SOIL SAND

Anything I should put on or take off ?
Also what can you use to treat the water?
and can you leave them live food to munch on like Live shrimps and seamonkeys and stuff alike in the water ?x

300l/h Aquarium Internal Filter for Fish Tank Submersible with Spray Bar

Flame Moss Growing on Bogwood

Classic Ornamental Rocky Ledge

Aquarium Silica Fine White Sand

OCEAN FREE AQUA GRO PLANT & SHRIMP SOIL SAND

Anything I should put on or take off ?
Also what can you use to treat the water?
and can you leave them live food to munch on like Live shrimps and seamonkeys and stuff alike in the water ?x

What is ocean free aqua gro plant? Ive googled and it says it lowers ph and kh and is suitable for most tropical fish. Axies are very sensitive to all chemicals ect so i would avoid using anything like this. Try to get plants that dont need to be rooted such as anubias and moss balls.

Another idea, which i use is to buy some aquarium safe little plant pots and pop your plants in there with some pebbles to anchor it down and put a net or sand over the pebbles to stop your axies eating them.
5 pots Ddiameter 5 cm for aquatic plants: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

You should use a water conditioner/dechlorinator with every water change. This gets rid of harmful chlorine in tap water. A few choices for people here is usually API water conditioner, API stress coat +, prime ect.

I wouldnt use sea monkeys as they are salt water and axies are freshwater. the sea monkeys will die and foul the water. You can however rinse the sea moneys and feed them to your lottles, but theyre only useful when you have tiny <1" axies.

Shrimp are fine but they wont last long. The best thing to feed axies is worms. Earthworms, lob worms, dendrobaenas ect
You can also feed them with special axie pellets or salmon pellets.

And with ornaments most aquarium safe ones are fine, just make sure there are no sharp edges. If there are, just run some sandpaper over it to smooth it out :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back