How do YOU wake your Axolotls in the morning?

BabySinclair

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Studiov13
Yes, that is my question :p
How does everyone here wake there little Lotls babies? I personally like the pots and pans method... Wait, I'm not talking about human babies am I?:D Oooops :eek: :D

I ask this question. Because if I just BAM turn on the tank lights, everyone in the floating plants just FREAKS out, bashing into the glass, trying to burry themselfs in the sand. So obviously, after seeing that Once, I don't do it that way any more.

So this is how I wake my Lots. I identify where everyone is at, and then I gently poke/pet them until they gently float to the bottom. Well, I've been doing it this way since I got them, and now they don't move. They just sit there letting me play "Bonk the Lotl! Lol
I pet them, I poke them and lately I've been full on handling them to get them to go to the bottom. No one cares!!! One just sits in my hand, doesn't want to go anywhere. Sometime when I let him go, he goes right back for my hand!! It's not fair, I don't know how else to get them away from the top so I can turn on their dang lights in the morning! Lol

So, how do you guys do it?? :confused:

Btw, I'm asking because this entire process take anywhere from half hour to 45min. And they chase the dang Turkey baster. They don't attack, they just follow. The gold one has even held onto it with its front feet. (Giving thanks to the poop remover God????) Thus making it very difficult to suck up their little, actually not so little poops lol. Sometimes I wonder if there is a Great Dane hidden in there... :eek: ;) ;) :p :D I can't even put my hand in there and move stuff around to clean without someone trying to sit in my hand or follow out of curiosity. They are so tame that the glass shrimp aren't even scared and will sit right next to them. I fear they one even eat the platties,when they are grow out and I put them in...

Did I mess up by being to interactive with them? If the sand is super fine and soft, should I just let them freak out? I mean, it only lasts 5 seconds tops.

I honestly thought the axies freaking out about light was a myth lol Mine are never bothered by it, and actually seam to like the light being on more than it being off :) I have the light on one side of the tank and that's where they are there more often than not while its on. Maybe I just have weirdos :)

Nah.... just kidding.... They're normally awake by 6am....

I know what u mean. Mine just started to startle when I turn the lights on so I now turn on my lamp in the room and then theirs. This way they get a warning. They are never sleeping though.... just not expecting it to be day yet.... much like me.... nooo:eek:, 5 more minutes:(

Btw, I'm asking because this entire process take anywhere from half hour to 45min. And they chase the dang Turkey baster. They don't attack, they just follow. The gold one has even held onto it with its front feet. (Giving thanks to the poop remover God????) Thus making it very difficult to suck up their little, actually not so little poops lol. Sometimes I wonder if there is a Great Dane hidden in there... :eek: ;) ;) :p :D I can't even put my hand in there and move stuff around to clean without someone trying to sit in my hand or follow out of curiosity. They are so tame that the glass shrimp aren't even scared and will sit right next to them. I fear they one even eat the platties,when they are grow out and I put them in...

Did I mess up by being to interactive with them? If the sand is super fine and soft, should I just let them freak out? I mean, it only lasts 5 seconds tops.
Lmao @ poop remover god

Just let natural light in through the window , they can gradually acclimatise to daylight. Set their tank light on a timer to come on after it is light. If your worried about the room lights freaking them out add more hides and a load of floating plants to darken the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back