Illness/Sickness: Iberian newt p waltl upside down in tank moving slowly

djronin47

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I came home today after running errands to find my p watlt upside down in the tank at the bottom.

I have since put him into a shallow container with water from his tank.

He is not the only inhabitant. As of yesterday he was moving around just fine.

Any thoughts what could cause this, and more importantly what can be done to help him recover?

I have had him well over a year at this point.

The other inhabitants are just a few guppies, and a pair of kuhlii loaches.

He does not bother the fish, and they do not bother him.

Mixing with fish is risky. It is possible the loach attacked the ribbed newt. You never know what happens when the lights go out. Fish also present a disease risk. Generally ribbed newts are robust animals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back