Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ornament/decor reviews

allied123

Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of axolotl specific decor but I thought I would share my experience with one piece I got from petsmart and hopefully other people can share some stuff they got or even made that works for their axies :)

So I got this ornament thing from petsmart I believe and it was a little pricey (around $30 I think) and its a little tight fit in my tank with my other hide and a food bowl but I think it is absolutely perfect! I find my axies somewhere on it every day I'm going to spam with pictures now and I'd love to hear what anyone else has :)

Attachments

• IMAG0693.jpg
    IMAG0693.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG0672.jpg
    IMAG0672.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0670.jpg
    IMAG0670.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0571.jpg
    IMAG0571.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 196

allied123

Reaction score
The one I posted is a plastic like material I think, it is painted I guess? It's painted to look like its faded in different parts Hope that helps :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

allied123

Reaction score
So my driftwood looking plasticy ornament was working great in my tank (or so I thought) but I took it out of the tank today to do a more thorough cleaning than usual and broke it. I thought it was totally my fault but then when the thing dried I picked it up to throw it away and it practically crumbled in my hand. I barely touched it and wherever I touched it it just crunched in. I'm not really sure what else to say I'm pretty unhappy this happened and I wonder how long it really would have held up in the tank...I am very embarrassed I was so impressed with it and actually suggested it to you all.

Also now my tank is pretty much completely empty so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great! (I love that skull but I think my guys would definitely get stuck in the eyeholes. they're explorers.)

Icyriah

Reaction score
Well, PetSolutions has some nice decorations :) You could get a multitude of decorations to fill up that space :D Link here!

allied123

Reaction score
I checked out that website! really cool stuff actually! I'm just not really sure what I want now... I think I'm gonna be browsing for a while, I really loved the skulls but I'm just not sure my guys wouldn't get stuck in the holes :(

valkyriemome

Reaction score
I got 3 different tree root/log sort of things at PetSmart. My little juvies love them. I'll have to post pics.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!