I introduced my Axie girls to the adults

Axolotlmama2014

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I finally got my axie girls that was captive bred by myself big enough to move in to the adult tank . Proud to say that all has went well :D no nipping or fighting will continue to keep a close eye on them for the next few days ...

Well done hope all will go well for them all sounds like you know what your doing :D first time having mine and I thought I had lost them all but two have hatched :eek:, just wanting to ask a quick question:confused: I have two that have just hatched( long story short) I went to the local pet store an they only had blood warms in will this be okay until we order some live shrimp on Thursday ? they are fairly small blood warms xx /? I did try and to a post but no idea if anyone can see what I am saying as No1 ever replys to them xxxx

Thanks for all the likes and support and everything has went great , still no fighting :D ... And I have some babies that hatched about a week ago and they are eating mosquito larva which in the wild would likely be a good food source since they wouldn't naturally find brine shrimp or blood worms in the wild . But not a lot of people would consider mosquito larva because no one likes to be bite by a mosquito lol .

Here is a photo for everyone to see how well the girls are doing with the adults
Nyx is mom Castro dad the other 2 are their girls from sept 29,2014 :D

Attachments

• The fam.jpg
    The fam.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back