Aluminum Foil

Deviatorz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey I was wondering if I can put a block of aluminum foil inside the tank for my FBN's? I know they are super sensitive to many chemicals like chlorine. The problem is that I bought a new mountain ornament recently and it leaves this crevice between the back of the ornament and the tank. My smaller newt loves hiding in that crevice whereas I hate it as its a pain to feed it.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know Aluminium will oxidise in water. I once used the foil as a reflector in the hood of a fish tank and it went white and furry.
The only metals I would ever use in a system for aquatic animals are high grade stainless steel and the soft metal (lead?) plant weights, mind you, even the plant weights will oxidise over time, but it takes many years.

thanks i wont be using that then. ill try to get that sealant or at least use plastic plants to cover it. i actually just did but it managed to climb onto the plant and hide there =(. i have so many hiding spots and it chooses that one....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back