Illness/Sickness: Chinese Warty Newt has a growing open sore

crodrigeuz6497

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have noticed this for a couple of days now and I was hoping it would go away but it has developed into a larger sore. What can I do to treat this?
MI7GsEk.jpg

I have noticed this for a couple of days now and I was hoping it would go away but it has developed into a larger sore. What can I do to treat this?

I would advise getting this to a vet if at all possible. If the sore is expanding there is something actively going on, and appropriate treatment from a vet is giving your newt the best chance.

It also looks from the picture that your newt is very underweight, which should be investigated as well.

Hope you can get him sorted out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back