A few questions

Deviatorz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all, thanks for all the help so far. I had a few questions for my newts. I recently found a nice cave decorations I'd like to use, but the thing is is that its for a terrarium and not a aquarium. I was wondering if I can use it with my newts?

Also, one of my newts used to like my hand feeding worms but now it doesn't. I'd just run away but if i leave it in the water he'll eventually eat it. this is normal right?

also, is it safe to use the Fruval micro nutrients for plants? Its fluid plant food for aquarium plants, but I don't want to create a ammonium or pH disequilibrium.

thanks in advanced!

Also said:
Sometimes my newts don't like the forecepts and sometimes they attack them for the food. Thats just mine of course, but it seems to be a pretty normal thing. Just make sure to clean up any uneaten food.:happy:

Sometimes my newts don't like the forecepts and sometimes they attack them for the food. Thats just mine of course, but it seems to be a pretty normal thing. Just make sure to clean up any uneaten food.:happy:

thanks. does anyone know if aquarium plant food is ok with the newts? idk why my java moss are dying

Decorations: As long as it doesn't float in water and you give it a good clean before you put it in, it should be fine in your setup.

Feeding: That's normal lol. He could change his mind again and prefer being hand fed. My sal like hunting his own food except for worms. He will only snap at worms if they are hand fed.

Plant food: I'm not too sure, sorry.

Decorations: As long as it doesn't float in water and you give it a good clean before you put it in, it should be fine in your setup.

Feeding: That's normal lol. He could change his mind again and prefer being hand fed. My sal like hunting his own food except for worms. He will only snap at worms of they are hand fed.

Plant food: I'm not too sure, sorry.

it doesnt float in water and i kept it in water for a week and washed with salt =). thanks for the reply!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back