Urgent advice needed please!!!!!

letsgetsmiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ok, so I don't know if I should be freaking out about this as much as I am, but I'm really worried about Falkor. I went in to feed him there and noticed that there were only three suckers on the back of the filter. One was missing. I did a water change yesterday and checked the filter, so would have put all four suckers back on before attaching it to the tank again. Sometimes a couple of the suckers slip out of the back of the filter, but I've never seen them fall off the glass. I checked through the sand and nothing, so the only conclusion I can come to is that he must have eaten it thinking it was food. The suckers individually would be smaller than his head. I have no idea what to do!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well now it's happened I would feed lots of juicy earthworms to help nature on its way....and hope for the best.......

There's not much you can do. If you suspect it has eaten something it should not have I would back off on food a little. If their is an obstruction you don't want to fill up its digestive system. I'm betting he didn't eat it.

Well I searched everywhere it could have possibly fallen... nothing. I wouldn't have put the filter back in if it wasn't fitted back together properly and it's not like it could have climbed out of the tank and gone anywhere. His belly does look quite big :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back