Hi there!

Russinka

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
I'm Lucy, I live in Australia. I wandered in here after googling Axolotls and coming across this forum. I'm still living at home and while not actually forbidden to aquire such a beast don't have anywhere to establish a tank. I'm going back to Uni next year so should be able to get a tank set up in March. The good thing about it is that I now have plenty of time to research so that I can get things right when I do. I became interested in having one after looking after a friend's one while house sitting. Smiley Miley is huge and pretty awesome.

I've always liked keeping aquariums, I've kept Goldfish, Tetras, Betta's and Yabbies in the past (though Mum overfed and killed the fish while I was away :(). While they aren't the same, I feel like some of the water conditioning skills will come in handy, please tell me they'll come in handy, as will the old tanks. Need a new filter though.

Of things not in tanks, I've got two horses. Both standardbred geldings, one is broken in and perpetually unsound and the other isn't broken in, though I'm hoping to get him rideable over the summer. Could be interesting, he came to me after spending 8 or 9 years in a paddock. He knows nothing. I'd like a dog but I'm pretty fussy about what I want and right now (or in the next few years) the purebred lab isn't going to happen. Which is a shame but thats life I guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back