How many pellets should I feed my axolotl?

Little lotl

Reaction score
Country
England
Hi I am wondering how many pellets I should feed my axolotls. As I've just purchased some sinking pellets so if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Heya, to begin with I was told a small handful is what my Berty was being fed. But after looking I give her 2-3 sinking pellets a day and an earthworm every other day. She has been put on a diet and is a year old now so it depends on how old your axie really is. :3

The pet store I bought them from told me that they were a year old however I completely disagree as my wild type looks bigger than my lecuestic (is that how I spell it) but I thought it was on size please tell me more.

The pellets are this big, it doesn't look like much but when they go in water they swell up. As yours is about a year plus, 3 should be fine daily but if its bigger than your others of that age I would try 3 and an earth worm like me, as Berty is pretty big for her age I was told :) if they are younger than 1 I feed my babies 1-2 pellets, hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20150902195109.jpg
    20150902195109.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 960
  • 20150902195128.jpg
    20150902195128.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 695
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back