Male or Female?

AlexandraVdB

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hey, is there anyone who can tell if Hedwig is male or femal, or is it too early?
Also is there a way to see how old she/ he is?
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 151
How big or how long is she/he? At this stage I would say female but from the photo she looks like it is still too early to identify if she is female or male.

Sounds too early to tell, but it does look female as of right now.

At 12cm you'd expect it to be around 4-5 months, and I don't think you can tell sex until around 18 months or so.

Best of luck, looks settled and cute :happy:

Yes, definitely too early to tell. My two were able to be identified at approximately a year for my wild type but my golden albino took longer and was probably approximately a year and a half or possibly a little older before I was able to confirm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back