Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Philosophy of an axolotl

narny101

Reaction score
After chatting with Luna, (who is actually a boy but his owner only found this out after he had been named) I think I have compiled the complete list of axolotl philosophy:

If I fit, I sit

If I poo, I do it in the most visible part of the tank

If you look at me, I will pretend to be dead so you freak out

If you bring a stranger to see me, I’ll sit in my hide with only my backside sticking out

If you feed me, I will make the biggest mess I can

On a related note, if you feed me, I’ll try my hardest to swallow your finger (to show my appreciation)

If you decorate my tank nicely, I’ll re-arrange the best I can

If you try to play with me, I’ll just fall asleep

But you’ll slave away for me anyway, because I’m too cute

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 176

auntiejude

Reaction score
You forgot

If it moves, I will try and eat it

If you are eating, I will watch you like a hawk and make you feel guilty that you haven't fed me yet today.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1