Illness/Sickness: Yellow Spots

Moonlight

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello, I own a leucistic axolotl (Moonlight) which is about 3 months old and a wild type (Midnight) which is about the same age. I've always noticed my little Moonlight doesnt swim or move as much as Midnight and I hope it's due to different personalities. In any case I always keep a close eye on any changes in them, specially when it comes to Moonlight because for some reason she seems more fragile to me.
Today I came to check on them and noticed Moonlight has yellow spots all over her body and I'm a little concerned if she's sick.

I took a picture of her, I hope you can see the spots.

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_164947.jpg
    IMG_20151003_164947.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 652
Are you sure she's not albino? Leucistics generally don't have that amount of iridophores on their tail. Have you got a full body picture?

I'm still very new to this, but they told me at the pet store that she was leucistic. Actually they barely even explained anything about axolotls.

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_202406.jpg
    IMG_20151003_202406.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20151003_202350.jpg
    IMG_20151003_202350.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_20151003_202418.jpg
    IMG_20151003_202418.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 478
She's not a leucistic but a golden albino......with yellow tinged irridophores and a lace pattern on her tail!!

Beauty! :D
She looks healthy; you're doing a good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back