Greetings from Alaska!

brodyodie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I'm Amy. I'm new here, obviously. :p
I plan on getting 1-3 axolotls once I finish purchasing all the elements for my tank and then cycle it. I want a melanoid one realll bad but the pink gills on leucs are so cute!!!
I grew up in NW Colorado and found wild Tiger Salamanders there. I watched them grow from polly-wollypogs to newts, to salamanders!! And I guess that's when I caught the bug. I am super excited to get my first axolotl. I recently found out a local fish & coral supply store can order one any time.
Now my least favorite part; waiting.
HI EVERYONE!

Oh my goodness yes.
I looked into shipping eggs or juvies up here and decided against since it's a long journey, and a possibly cold one. After having an ad up on Craigslist for a loooooong time, someone messaged me about a local fish & coral store having the ability to order them; I'm not sure from where though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back