Hatching Brine Shrimp

Logan329

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have had my brine shrimp hatchery going for 3 and a half days now and they still haven't hatched.
I've checked off each thing required to hatch them and still no luck...these include:
- brine shrimp eggs
- an adequate water temperature at 28°c
- constant air flow to keep them in circulation
- 2 tablespoons of rock salt
- and a constant source of light

Now here's a few things that may be the cause of them to not hatch which I'm not entirely sure on that's why I'm posting this thread to see if you guys know.

- too much or not enough salt
- eggs are of poor quality (even though the packet says premium quality)
- the source of light is white L.E.Ds, does the light need to be orange?
- I did try using a pinch of gluten free baking powder - this is the one that's making me believe this is the reason they won't hatch

But if anyone thinks otherwise please let me know and I'm open to answering questions you may have.
Thank you

give artemia for thousand of larvae can be a hell.
search this: microworms, daphnia, Cyclopidae, turbatrix aceti :blob:
this is the easy live food, but someone has some problems with daphnia, cause the culture can stop suddenly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back