Is there already a ban on exporting newts from Europe to the USA

dutch guy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
herman
Can i still export newts to the US and if so what do i need to do for that.
There is a lot of interest for Tylototriton shanjin CB2015

Tylototriton shanjing 4,5,42

Their is no ban. Their is a lot of USFW paperwork that needs to be filled out on the U.S. side and it is pretty expensive.

I have a request for shanjin from someone, so for me it's doeble?

The person in the U.S. has to wade through the paperwork. If they have never imported I would say it is doable but not probable. I quit exporting and importing because of the daunting requirements and high expense.

Ok, thank you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back